Friday, April 8, 2011

A is f0r Astronaut…day 2

I am so glad that we have 2 days to cover each letter. It really allows me to teach the kids that there are lots of things that start with A.

First on the list was introducing Andrew the alligator. They colored, drew an alligator, and traced the upper and lower case A.

What is an Astronaut without a Spaceship…so that is what we did for craft time today. Somehow I didn’t get that camera out for that…oops!!!

Everyone was SOOOOO excited when I told them that we were going to make our treat today. We made some Apple muffins…

048

It is no surprise that they each had to have a turn stirring the batter.

049 050 051 052

After we stirred, and stirred the muffins, each of them were able to take a few turns scooping some of the batter into the muffin tins. Then it was into the oven. We counted up to 17 as I set the timer, for they had to cook for 17 min.

An astronaut in his spaceship needs one thing…A NIGHT SKY!!! So, of course we had to make a sky for our astronaut to orbit into. This was a really fun activity.

Take a jar, in my case it was a baby food jar. Put glitter in the bottom of the jar, add Karo syrup on top of the glitter, then add some blue food coloring and top off the jar with water. Secure your lid tightly…I hot glued them on, just to be sure.

056

before…

Then you SHAKE, SHIMMY, and SHAKE, SHAKE again…

058 059 060 061

after…

You have one magnificent Star filled night sky.

Taylor was just “testing out” my preschool the first time that she came, but this sweet little girl wanted nothing more then to come to preschool again for her birthday. (That made me so happy.)

SO… HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!!! After the Applesauce muffins came out of the over, I topped hers with 5 candles and we sang her Happy Birthday. She was excited about it.

063

We had a great time this week exploring Astronomy, Astronauts, Alligators, and Apple muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment