Friday, April 8, 2011

H is for…HOME

We are finding ourselves in a perfect little routine. The kids like to know what to expect, but love the surprise of something fun and exciting. I love listening to all the fun and exciting stories from the weekend. Deegan always starts his with “Guess what…,” Bridger and Addisyn don’t tell me, they tell the entire class. Emma gets the biggest smile on her face when she decides she has something she wants to share, and Taylor always tries to make everyone smile with a homemade joke…they are hilarious to the entire classroom. Each of them has there own little personality, but together as a class we make one great team.
032035
036037
038
After discussing all the H words we could think of it, we talked about the different HOMES for different animals.
039
Here the kiddos are coloring some HOUSES and practicing drawing the uppercase and lowercase H’s.
040
This is my favorite part of the day, I must admit. I decided to focus on HIVE…a house for a bee. We made Honey Comb Hives with Honey Comb Cereal. Look at those independent little crafters…
041
044045046047048
Because I couldn’t NOT…I mean COULD NOT come up with an H snack other then Hot Chocolate when I was at the grocery store (Hello…HOT DOGS…that hit me today when we were listing H words). I decided that we could continue with the Hive thing and have SCONES with HONEYBUTTER!!! Yum…
050
049
Taylor was NOT a fan of the scones, but everyone else loved them.
This week the Life Skill is “Let’s wash our hands…” So that is exactly what we did. We all went to the bathroom and sand this song twice through while everyone “learned” to properly wash their hands…
Wash Wash Wash your hands
Wash them everyday
Up on top and on the bottom and in-between the fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment