Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Easter

First off, we sure missed Deegan today. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Today we celebrated Easter. It was a great day of fun and excitement for the kiddos. But before we started the “Fun” we did a little “work.” I wanted to make sure that all of the kids could match the uppercase and lowercase letters. I found a great little game to do just that. So after the morning routine it was onto this game. They each really enjoyed it.

038

They each took a turn choosing a lowercase letter out of a bag, and them matching it with the uppercase letter. {Each child will go home with a black & white copy of this game. If your interested in printing it in color, and laminating a copy of it, let me know and I will give you the link I found it at.}

A big part of the fun of Easter is of course the Easter Eggs. So today we made tissue paper eggs. It was a fun project full of great fine motor skill building activities. Take a look…

042

The finished project…

047 048 050 049 051

I like to see the difference between my 3 year old Addi, and Taylor who is 5. There is so much growth in those two years.

While they were working on their eggs, I was getting my own little surprise ready with eggs. An Easter Egg Hunt… oh my were they ever excited!

Ready… Set… Go…

052

056 057 058 059

They were very excited about the candy in the eggs…

053

Bridger had snack today, and he chose Bananas and Fruit by the Foot. Then we made the cutest little bird nests. I got the idea HERE.  I used marshmallow instead of white chocolate because I had it on hand. It made for a really sticky sticky mess, but a cute little presentation.

068

063 064 065 066

Then they were off in a fast hurry to take turns hiding and finding the eggs! I think that was the highlight of the day.

HAPPY EASTER everyone. I hope you have a wonderful wonderful holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment