Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Alphabet Review, Site Words, and more…

Today I decided that I would do and uppercase/lowercase letter matching activity. What I did was print out all of the uppercase letters on a single paper. Then I cut out all of the lowercase letters and they had to glue the lowercase letters next to the proper uppercase letters. They all did pretty well for the most part. There are some of these “tricky” letters that they struggled with a little bit. Like p,b,q, d or u,n, l,or t. to name a few. So this might be a good activity to do with them, or let them do when they are board at home. If you want me to email you a PDF format of this simple activity, then let me know and I will be glad to {leave a comment, or email me at parkfamily@live.com}.

001

They all light up when they get it right. Makes me smile from ear to ear!!!

003 004 005 006 007 002

Then it was on to site words. We did a review/lesson of the words that we have been practicing; of, play, it, he, you, in, I, to, have, and, a, said, is, the, for and that. For the most part your child knows these words.They may need a little encouragement from time to time, or sounding out words like “that.” I will continue to review these. We will start doing some reading in the next coming weeks using these words. Simple sentences like  “I have a jump rope,” he said, are some examples. This sentence is made up 5 site words. For “jump” and “rope” we will sound these words out.

After all of the learning they were just “starving,” so it was time for another snack! Ham & cheese sandwiches hit the spot.

008

It really was a great day! Thanks for having such smart little kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment