Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Alphabet Review, Site Words & Cookies…

Today was all about reviewing what we have learned. The Alphabet A-Z, and the site words we have been working on.

First thing on the agenda… Lowercase Letter Identification worksheet. I really think this was a great activity for these kids. They have to look at a list of 4 letters and identify which letter is the lowercase letter that goes with the uppercase letter at the beginning of the row. They did great, there are just those “tricky letters” that get them almost every time, but they are really starting to learn them well. 

030 029 028 031 032

After a few other activities it was time for snack. Addisyn had it today, and she wanted to make cookies. This is always a favorite for the kids. They love to be in the kitchen, and do anything hands on.

I have everything pre-measured and ready to go. To make things even, there were 10 containers of stuff, allowing each tot to put in  ingredients each.

012

In order to make everyone “happy” we drew names to see who got to put in what ingredient first.

014 015 016 018 019 020 021 022 023 024

What great team work!!!

026

While the cookies were baking, it was time to try and do a little reading. I have a series of Easy Reader Books that focus on the Level 1 site words we have been learning. I told them that the letters we have been learning form words, and that the words for sentences. 

036

These little books are great. I have been impressed with what the kids can do when they set their minds to something.  I am very proud of them.

FOR MY PARENTS:

I did an assessment today of the site words we have been working on; a, and, for, have, he, I, in, is, it, of, play, said, that, the, to and you. I sent that home with them today. I also made them each a set of laminated site word flash cards. The above listed words were sent home. Please continue to work with them on these words. Unless you are going to participate in the Summer Preschool Program, I don’t think that I will be reviewing these any more this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment