Sunday, April 10, 2011

G is for Groundhog

I was so excited for Groundhogs Day this year.Not because it is a holiday that I look forward to, but because I had some fun things planned for the kids. BUT… have it as it may, 2 of my kids came down with a cruddy cold, and we had to cancel preschool that day. So the following week I decided that we would still highlight the little groundhog.

    • If the groundhog sees his shadow winter will last another 6 weeks.
    • If he doesn’t see his shadow, then spring is on his way.
    • Punxsutawney’s most famous groundhog Phil predicted an early spring.
    • This is his 125th annual weather prediction.
    • Phil has seen his shadow 98 times, and hasn’t seen it just just 16 times since 1887.

Punxsutawney Phil

024025026027028

I am so impressed with the way all 5 of them are learning. They have overcome some of the hurdles that they had in front of them when we first started this school year.

029

For a craft today what better then a groundhog that comes out of his hole and can or can not see his shadow!!!

Meet my little groundhog… Isn’t he just so darn cute!

034

What is it about kids and painting that makes them so excited? They all love it so much. So this project was a huge hit, even if the only colors they used were brown & green.

032

Happy Groundhog Day! I hope Phil is right, and spring is on it’s way.

{In out neck of the woods, it doesn’t seem to promising}

No comments:

Post a Comment