Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy 4th of July

I say it all the time, {and I always mean it}…

Today was a great day! We had a blast in school today. How lucky am I!!!

Deegan could hardly handle the anticipation of letting everyone know what him and Spark had been up to over the last few days. He even asked if we could talk about it before everyone was at school. Isn’t that just so adorable? 010

  • Played Cowboys together.
  • Jumped on the trampoline.
  • Slept together every night.
  • Went to the doctor with him and mom, he even got a Band-Aid on his paw.
  • Spark warmed Deeg up after he played at the Splash Park.
  • Let Ava play with him.
  • Spark, Kayden and Deegan watched Lonesome Dove together.

I wish I could have been with you two on all your amazing adventures! Thanks for taking good care of him, and sharing it with us.

Today we reviewed the letters M & N. Look at these busy little bees at work…

011 012

Today we did “Patriotic Pinwheels” for our craft… but, they ended up not being so patriotic! Laughing… they sure turned out adorable though. See the work in progress…

013 014 015 016 017 018

and now the finished products…

019 021 022 023 025 026

Ahead of time I made these cute little firework hats for the kiddos. I just thought they were so adorable. They are all spunky little firecrackers, so they are very fitting to each personality.

028

I do truly feel blessed to have each of these kids be a part of my life. They have put a footprint on my heart that will never go away. I truly love them to pieces.

036 038 040 041 044 039

During snack we talked about why we celebrate the 4th of July. I expressed to them how thankful we should be that we have our freedom. We recited the Pledge of Allegiance again. We also sang the “Star Spangled Banner.” I explained that the country we live in is the United States of America, the state is Idaho, and we live in 2 different cities- Driggs and Victor.

After reviewing our site words: of, the, it, he, you, in, I, to, I decided it would be a great time to introduce addition.

046

I took cups, and introduced the concept with them. The above picture we were obviously doing 3+4= 7.  It was a fun and exciting way to teach them. They stayed very interested the whole time they were learning it.

Just a reminder there is no school on Monday the 4th. I hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment