Tuesday, June 28, 2011

L is for Lion

Today was the review of the letters K and L. I feel like I am leaving a letter out when I only focus on one of them, laughing... but what do you do when you have a short summer program and 26 letters to conquer! After going over the days of the week, the months of the year, and the Pledge of Allegiance I re-introduced K and L.

Today…

L is for LION

048

Today we started with our site words. I was introducing 8 new words. So meet the site words; of, the, it, he, you, in, I, to.

These kiddos love to take turns writing on the white board. We draw names (written on popsicle sticks) as to who gets to go first. They just love it, and all scream “pick me,” as they anticipate who gets to go. I also really enjoy this because it give me the perfect chance to critic, and teach, proper technique. There all doing so well, I am so proud of them.

049 050 051 053 054

I have this cute little book that turns each letter of the alphabet into an animal shaped like the letter they start with. So today it was an L made into a LION! Just too cute.

 061 062 063 064 065

After we created our lions, I had each of the kiddos pick out a book. We read lots of little books about animals. Deegan picked out an “Eye Spy” book. They had fun with that (Look at all those little fingers pointing to the answer).  070

You can’t study Lions without going on an African Safari.  We watched this You Tube video, and learned this cute little song.

“Where going on a Lion Hunt…”

After we learned it, what better to do then GO ON A LION HUNT…

073 074

071

Look at that Lion hiding in the trees!!! What a great adventure.

075

What a great class. We missed Emma today, and can’t wait to see her on Thursday!

Addi had the opportunity to play with Mr. Spark…

066 

  • Addi didn’t let Spark leave her site much during the few days she had him.
  • They Danced and Danced and Danced together.
  • They even watched “Zaboomafoo” and learned about other animals..
  • They cuddled a lot, and were good company to each other.
  • He slept with her every night.
  • and they played together a lot. It was a great deal of fun!!!

Can’t wait to hear all about Spark and Deegan’s great adventures!!!

1 comment:

  1. Spark is so darn cute, but Addi is beautiful!!!
    What a bunch of lucky kids.

    ReplyDelete