Thursday, June 9, 2011

A’s & B’s

Today was a fun day. The kids were happy, listened well, and really had a good time! I hope anyway…they sure seemed to! Smile 

In our Summer Program Curriculum we have to do  letters each day we have class. Todays letters were A & B.

030031032033034

Each of them took turns drawing both the Upper and Lower case A’s & B’s on the board. I like to put them on the spot, I think it encourages them to do there best because the other students are watching, and I do believe it will give the courage and confidence to be the center of attention in scary or nerve racking situations. It also allows me to give them my undivided attention.

After they all had a turn it was on to our worksheet!

035

This certainly isn’t the highlight of the day for the kids, but one of the most important parts. They all did such a great job.

1st step of our Arts & Craft today was painting the backside of a paper plate. The kids all absolutely love to paint. I don’t know if it is the mess it makes, or that they don’t get to do it as much as crayons, but boy they sure do love it…

036

While the wet paint was drying it was on to cutting out feathers…

037

The plates weren’t quite dry yet, so it was upstairs for a delicious snack of bananas and strawberry's with fruit dip. Mmmmmm  mmmmmm good, Thanks Grace!

After we ate it was on to a little craft I remembered doing as a little girl in school. This was such a HUGE HIT!!! Before we started they got a big warning about the hot griddle… I promise I took every precaution to keep it safe, and I am happy to report not a single burn!!! They had a blast.

A is for A.P.P.L.E!

038 039 041 042 043

Look at these delicious apples…

050

Then we were back downstairs to create our Birds! The turned out so cute…

044 045 046 048 049

When everyone was done, and we cleaned up our mess, the kids requested that they get to do another wax paper drawing! They just loved it, and I love it when the simple things make them so happy.

Cason made a tree house…

051

Grace drew her next to a coconut tree…

053

Bridger also drew a tree (but didn’t finish it like he wanted, he said he messed up-I think it looks wonderful)…

055

Addisyn drew this…

054

Deegan drew bunk beds with him and his brother…

056

What a group of artist I have!!! Don’t you just love all there imaginations? I certainly do!!!

MEET SPARK…

020

This is our class Mascot! He is so excited to be able to go home with each kiddo. I can’t wait to hear all the amazing stories of what they got to do with Spark while he was with them. Cason was the lucky one who got to take him home today! I hope you have such a great time together. I can’t wait to hear all about it on Monday!!!

Have a wonderful Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment