Monday, June 6, 2011

1st day of Summer Preschool

It was wonderful to be back in the classroom with such sweet kids. They  make my heart happy, and my home full. THANKS so much to you parents for trusting me, and allowing me to be a part of your kiddos lives this summer.

Meet my class: (Emma couldn’t join us today due to a family emergency. We pray that they will all find comfort right now).

GRACE…

154

ADDISYN…

155

DEEGAN…

156

BRIDGER…

157

CASON…

158

What a group! The next two months are going to be so much fun!

Today we started like we always do… with the days of the week, and months of the year songs, The Pledge of Allegiance, weather, and date!

Today was our number review. 1-10 was the main focus since they are the foundation to all of the other numbers.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5…just to name a few!!! Smile

159 160 161 162 163

After they took turns writing number 1-10 on the board it was time to do our worksheet. I always try and do this before they get to anxious. It works out well for us!

164

I do believe that Arts & Crafts is the best part of the day for most of the kids. They love the creativity and seeing what they can accomplish if they  just allow themselves to not give up! Todays craft was a 10 scoop ice cream cone!

171

I had most of the scoops pre cut, but they did have to do some cutting of 4 of them. Some are very meticulous to cut exactly on the line and nothing else, and others just want it done! Either way they are so proud of themselves when the project is finished, and they created something AMAZING!!!

165

166 167 168 169 170

While the ice cream cones were drying it was upstairs for treat! Popcorn and Twinkies….

172

When the Twinkies were gone, we took the popcorn into the living room and watched our site words movie. This was an introduction to the words: by, look, him, be, word.

Parents: Since this is such a short course, if you could make flash cards to use with them at home, I guarantee they will learn most of them before Kindergarten starts! I will continue to work with them on these, but any extra help with give them a foot forward in Kindergarten.

174

After class I always like to do a little free play. I think this allows them to have fun with each other-learning social skills, sharing and a whole lot more. So we all headed outside and played “Red light, Green light,” Freeze Tag, basketball,  and imagination play.  It was a great start to what I believe will be an amazing Summer Preschool Class!!!

WELCOME TO SPARK PRESCHOOL!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute bunch of smart kids! Brandi you certainly go the extra mile. The ice cream cones are so darn cute . . . and twinkies! YUM. I haven't had a twinkie in years.

    ReplyDelete