Friday, September 16, 2011

The Number 2 and more…

Oh what a day we had. We are all starting to find our place in the classroom, and having so much fun getting to know each other. I fall in love with these kids so quickly…they seriously just steal my heart,  I just love it. They all have very different and distinct personalities, which have meshed well together so far.

Mr. Cannon, we sure missed you today, and hope your stomach feels better soon!

Some of the kids are catching on to the “Day’s of the Week,” and “The Month’s of the Year” songs we sing. Here they are clapping when we get to Tuesday. They all get pretty excited. It is adorable. They are adorable. 023

There are so many different versions of these songs, but these are the ones that your little ones will learn. .

Today was the first time I had the kids use the dry erase board. Look at how good they did.

025 026 029 030 031 033 032

I really do like what writing on the dry erase board does for the kids. It gives them an opportunity to be in front of the class and overcome any fears of “stage fright.” It also gives everyone the chance to watch and be respectful of each other while it isn't their turn. 

Here they are practicing writing the 2’s. I do have a few 3 year olds this year, and so I encourage them, and help them write a few of them, but don’t push it yet. I want them to keep the excitement. We really do need to learn a few more basics, before they are comfortable with curvy lines etc.

035

We then read this cute little book…

022

We also did a scissor skills activity.

044

We did the color blue, so after they cut on the line they glued the strips onto this blue paper. Not every ones pages looked like this, but as long as they did some cutting, I was happy. It just takes time and continual encouragement. Smile with tongue out

 

041

Ready for one more book while they ate a little snack. When I think of the number 2, you just can’t help but think of the “two by two” of “Noah’s Ark”

042

After the book I had this cute foam craft.

045

043

046

047

There is always so much going on. We have a lot of fun in the 2 1/2 hours they are here. I always try and do a little singing, and dancing.

049

048

It makes me happy when we do something that puts such a huge smile on their faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment