Thursday, September 22, 2011

The first day of Autumn

Today was a great day. The time just seemed to fly by! It was a busy day filled with lots of fun things. We missed you again Nikkya, and hope to see you next week! Start feeling better soon!!!

001

First thing we did was talk about our Life Skills. I ran out of time on Tuesday, so we didn’t get to talk about “Our Full Names.” So, we started with that. Then we talked about “Our Parent’s Names.” It was cute when Little Sayla said “I want my middle name to be Pink Apple.” I tried telling her it was Kay, and she insisted it was “Pink Apple.” She is so cute with the most adorable personality when her timid nature wares off. Then some of the boys insisted that there parents were “Mom & Dad.” I was chuckling inside! They are just so cute. Kaden says “Well my mom calls my dad Blake, but I just call him Dad.”

We review our site words: of, he, play and it. We review all the colors of the rainbow, and lots and lots of shapes, including; Octagon, cube, and cylinder.

When we were doing our calendar stuff, we discussed that tomorrow is The First Day of Autumn. We talked about what happens when Fall comes such as the leaves changing colors and falling off the trees. That is gets a little colder, and pretty soon it will be winter and start to snow. Then they all got excited about some of the fun things we get to do in the winter.

We again practiced writing our #5’s on the board.

“Draw a line across the top, a little line down and a big ole’ bump”

003 004 005 006 007 008 009

For today’s craft we incorporated both the number 5, and Fall…

One by one I traced each students 5 fingers…

011

That turned into our trees. I had them each color the “5 branches” and then they were able to glue some fall leaves on the trees.

014

A work in progress…

015 016 017 018 019 020 021

Then it was free play. They always enjoy this time. They are all getting along well, and building some great friendships.

We also watched and learned a few cute songs…

 

After clean up, and right before the end of the day we read “My Five Book” by Jane Belk Moncure. This is from the same series as the others.

Today was a great day! I sure hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment