Wednesday, September 21, 2011

“Down and over…”

“Down and over, then down some more. That’s the way we draw a FOUR.”

We said this over and over and over again today as we learned about the #4.  We had a full and exciting day, that is for sure. We missed Nikkya today, and hope she is feeling better, and will be with us on Thursday.

Here is some of what we did today…

Our Introduction to the number 4 was this great book… (I know I said it last time, but I really like this series of books. So educational, but very interactive with the kids!).

036

The color ORANGE. The number FOUR, Shapes Review, and our Fine Motor Skills Worksheet. I am finding that some of my students are having a hard time writing the numbers, so we are doing some of the basics, like tracing a squiggly line. This is very important, and teaches them proper pencil skills and visual discrimination.

015

Each child had a turn writing a four on the board. This is a great opportunity for the other kids to listen and obey, and respect others. It also gives me the opportunity to have special one on one with them as they are exploring new things, and trying to write. If they are struggling to write the number, then I help them write it, and give them a great deal of encouragement along the way! Remember “Down and over, then down some more. That’s the way we draw a four.”

016 018 019 020 021 022 023

Practicing those 4’s…

024

Logan had snack today, and he was so excited to hand out his “Cheez-its” and Fruit Snacks. Isn’t he just so cute! Thanks Logan

025

Soon it was time for Arts & Crafts…

The creation begins…

027

The finished projects… Look at how proud they are of what they have created all by themselves! I just love seeing that.

028 029 030 031 032 033 034

We did do a review of the site words that they are learning. Here is what they have been introduced to so far.

035

Then it was off to free play where the boys played “Transformers” and the girls played “house.” I love to listen to them interact with each other. Social Skills are so important.

After it was time to clean up we did our color flash cards, and our shapes flash cards.

For singing time we started to learn this adorable song. It is a little long, so they weren’t able to really learn it all the way. But, Gosh, it is so cute. I hope that we will sing it again, and they will learn it. Here is a video of it.

Isn’t that just so catchy. I thank my little niece for introducing it to me. She just turned 2 and can sing the whole song. It is absolutely adorable.

If you visit my website, please leave me some feedback! I would love to hear from you. I love constructive criticism as well. It will help me improve on what I am doing, and continue to grow as a preschool teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment