Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The First Day of School

Today was our first day of Preschool. Oh what a day it was!!! It was full of Excitement, Anticipation, Fun and Enthusiasm. I couldn’t wait for today. I was excited to meet my little class. The first day of school is always a little crazy. But, I feel like I have a great group of kiddos, and this year will be full of so much fun and excitement!!!

Meet my class…

Nikkya

202

Deegan

203

Logan

204

Cannon

205

Addisyn

206

Kaden

207

Sayla

208

We did have one student that couldn’t make it today, so I will introduce Little Miss Evelyn when she is able to join us. We sure did miss her today, and I can’t wait to meet her!!!

Isn’t that such a good looking class? I sure think so, and am excited to get to know each of them on such a personal level. I look forward to watching each of them grow, learn and overcome any obstacles they may face during this school year. It excites me to be a part of their lives.

Today was a crazy day, but a fun day. We played getting to know you games, to hopefully break down any barriers, and show the kiddos that they have things in common with each other, and myself. I found this to be a great ice breaker!

We tried to read this great book titled “Try, Try Again” by Winnie the Pooh

221

I say tried, because the kids were a little to anxious, and were excited to play with all the “new” toys in the preschool room. But, non the less we read this cute book. I really like it. It teaches us that we never give up, and if we “Try, Try Again” we can accomplish anything we put our minds to. That is huge, and something I really want them to know.

We sang and danced and played, and had a great day!

Before I let my little ones go home, I wanted to give them something.  They got this goodie bag with this poem…

I am so dang excited that you are here!

I put together some goodies to describe our year.

We are going to have so much fun,

But, along the way we will learn a ton.

The “Coin” is to remind you of your value in my eyes.

But, what you bring to my heart, is not what money buys.

The “Starburst” is to show you, you are a star to me.

If you try your very best you are sure to shine you’ll see.

The “Eraser” is to let you know it is okay to make mistakes.

We will correct them and learn from them no matter what it takes.

The “Lifesaver” is to remind you that I am here for you.

I promise whatever happens we will make it through!

The “Pencil” represents the learning we will do.

We will work hard, but have a ton of fun too.

The “Smarties” are to remind you that I think you are smart.

I will try and help you learn, and always do my part.

The “Band-Aid” is to let you know we can make things better,

if we always try our best, and work hard together.

The “Laffy Taffy” says we will laugh loud all year,

And I will try to make you smile from ear to ear.

Mrs. Brandi is so excited you are here.

We are going to have a fun and exciting year!

211

Here is to a FANTASTIC school year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment