Friday, September 9, 2011

#1 and so much more…

Today was a pretty great day. But, before we get to all of the fun and exciting details, Meet Evelyn…

photo

I am so glad that she was able to join our class today. She is just a little sweetheart, and I am very excited to get to know her.

I think if there was any shyness or hesitation from my kiddos the first day of school, they are all over it today. They came in and were thrilled (so it seemed) to start another day of preschool. While I waited for them all to arrive, we put together this fun 5foot long Alphabet Train puzzle. They all hipped and hollered when they found the proper letter. It was pretty cute. They were full of a great deal of enthusiasm.

003

I think I have such a smart little group. We are learning the “Days of the Week” song, and also, the “Months of the Year” song. Also we are learning the Pledge of Allegiance. And I don’t think it will be long before they have all 3 memorized.

Today one of the main things we did was #1. So here they are drawing lots of number 1’s.  So cute isn’t it?

006

We also did the color Red. So we colored these cute little apples. They also were given the chance to use scissors. I did have to chuckle when one of the sweet girls said “My mom doesn’t let me play with scissors.” Tooo cute…

009

I am introducing site words to these kiddos as well. On Tuesday we did “of,” and today we did “play.” I will continue to review them throughout the year.

For todays Life Skill, we talked about our Class Rules. Here is what I came up with before school started, and we didn’t add anything to the list…

  1. We will arrive rested and ready to learn everyday!
  2. We will follow directions the first time they are given!
  3. We will treat others with kindness and compassion!
  4. We will share, and we will take turns.
  5. We will use good manors such as “Please” and “Thank You.”
  6. We will use our inside voices when we have something to say.
  7. We will apologize if we do something we aren’t suppose to do. 
  8. We will not hit our classmates.
  9. We will listen to Mrs. Brandi
  10. We will have FUN!!!

Laughing… I am sure that they will need to be reminded from time to time about these rules!  So far so good though! Smile

Little Miss Sayla had snack today.  She was sure a big hit when she passed out her fruit snacks. Thanks Sayla

010

After snack it was outside… I had planned on a scavenger hunt.

011We were looking for 1 leaf, 1 stick, 1 feather, 1 piece of grass, 1 little rock, 1 pine cone. 

I thought this would be so much fun. It was, but it did take a little coaxing with a few of my little guys that were distracted with a few of the fun things that being outside has to offer… but, that is to be expected on a beautiful day surrounded by fun and exciting new things!  What an exciting finished project though…

012 013 014 015 016 017 018 019 

After letting the kids play with each other for a little while, it was time to come in and settle down before it was time to leave for the day. When I think of 1 of something, I think of “me.” When I think of “me” I think of one of my favorite books “You Are Special.” 021

It is a little long, and I knew that I most likely wouldn’t be able to make it through the whole book before the kids lost attention, but I really did want to try. I wanted to let the kids know that each of them are different, and that those differences are what makes them so special. I wanted them to know that I would never give them grey dots, and always try and shower then in gold stars. I am very excited for this year. I am excited for these kiddos to be a part of my life. THANKS to my parents again. I just really appreciate you.

See you all on Tuesday! Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment