Wednesday, July 20, 2011

“Erupting” with Fun

I had to cancel preschool last Thursday, so we had our make-up day today! It is always fun when we have school on a different day of the week when the kids are yelling what day of the week it is… I always end up laughing!

Today was the review of the letters U and V. Such similar letters. I really emphasized that the V had a point on the bottom. Still sometimes the v’s looked like u’s and u’s looked like v’s. What is important is that they could tell the difference.

106

Today was all about Volcano’s... We learned about them, made them, and watched them erupt! It was so so so much fun. I had smiles from ear to ear! I just love that and eat it up.  

088

  • A volcano is an opening in the earth’s crust through with melted rock, ash, and gases are forced out.
  • A volcano is a mountain or hill made from the melted rock that builds up around such an opening.

We didn’t have time to watch this, but thought I would put it on here anyway…It is pretty incredible to watch.

A volcano is formed… (This I did ahead of time. All it is is tin foil and a disposable cup).

092

A volcano is made unique…

095 097 098 099 100 102

A volcano erupts…

108 111 116 119 126 130

Does it get more exciting then this? I’m not sure. Laughing…they really loved it.

IF you want to make a volcano with your little ones all you need to do is add 2-3 tsp of Baking Soda in the center of the volcano, then add 1/2 cup of vinegar. If you want to add an element, you can color it with food coloring.

I hope you can “Erupt” with fun today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment