Thursday, January 12, 2012

Stranger Danger and the letter L

First off to my parents, sorry for having to cancel school on Tuesday. Thanks for being so great to work with.

Today we did the letter L. I asked the kids what words they could think of that start with L, and they said; lollipop, lick, leaf, lion, just to name a few.

DSC_0246 DSC_0247

Today when we did our L worksheet, even my 2 and 3 year olds traced the L’s. I was very happy about that.

For arts and crafts we made little oatmeal lambs. First step was to cut out the lamb.

DSC_0248 DSC_0250

Then we had to past them on a sheet of paper. Then spread glue where “wool” is, and cover it with oatmeal. The finished project is so cute!!! See for yourself…

DSC_0251

DSC_0252 DSC_0253 DSC_0254 DSC_0255 DSC_0256 DSC_0257 DSC_0258 DSC_0259

During snack we learned about Strangers, and what we need to do. I had the kids watch this little movie…

We also learned this chorus of this song…

We are smart we know what to do, were going to say NO to you…We sang it over and over again. I really emphasized the importance of knowing what to do if someone approaches them.

We also talked about having a family code. Some word that only the family knows. This came up because we saw a little video clip about a stranger saying “Your mom is at the emergency room, you need to come with me.” The little girl asked what the code was, the stranger didn’t have the answer so she ran away as fast as she could. So if they ask about that, it is because we briefly talked about it.

Have a wonderful weekend!!! Just a reminder that scholastic book orders are due on Tuesday.

Also, I think I will do a make-up day on Wednesday next week. Let me know if this will work with your schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment