Tuesday, January 31, 2012

9-1-1 and a little Review

Today was a good day. The kids listened very well, and I am so proud of them. It makes for a VERY ENJOYABLE DAY!!! I have fallen in love with each of them. I have seen so much growth over the last few months. They really are great kids!

Today we did a review of the letters Mm and Nn. I really had to emphasize that they were 2 different letters. They sound a like, and look alike, and some of the kids said Mm and Mm, or Nn and Nn while we sang the Alphabet.  The kids are always excited when we review the letters up our Coconut Tree.

DSC_0405

Like we do on review days, I have the upper, and lower case letters on popsicle sticks. When it is their turn to draw on the board, they draw a stick to see what letter they are going to write that day. Look at how wonderful everyone drew the letters.

DSC_0406

DSC_0407

DSC_0408

DSC_0409

DSC_0410

Evelyn hadn’t made it to school yet, so we didn’t get a picture of her practicing the letters.

After we did our worksheet, and practiced writing our M’s or N’s on the board, we made M&M M’s. I had a little baggie full of 21 m&m’s. I told the kids they couldn’t eat them, and if they didn’t they would get some later! NOT ONE M&M was ate! I was so proud of them. They were all such excellent listeners today.

DSC_0403

They didn’t get to take them home today, as the glue is still drying. So, they will bring them home tomorrow.

DSC_0411

DSC_0412

DSC_0415

I couldn’t get a picture of the kids with them, because they are still drying and the m&m’s would just slide right off the paper. Smile

While everyone finished there M’s we had some free play. It was puzzles and blocks today…

DSC_0413

DSC_0414

Then it was upstairs for snack and a movie. Today we started to learn all about 9-1-1. I have an excellent movie, that is short enough that it keeps the kids attention through the entire show. It talks about the different style of phones, and gives different scenarios of emergencies.

Here is a little part of the movie I found on You Tube. It is just excellent.

Cell Phone Sally

After the movie was over we talked about different types of emergencies. Then we played on these phones I made, to located the numbers 9-1-1. They practiced dialing the numbers.

DSC_0402

DSC_0418

They all did amazing! I asked over and over again “What do you do if you have an emergency?” They all responded “Call 9-1-1.”

Just a reminder that there is school tomorrow. This will make up one of the missed days.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment